Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
No matter what role you perform in your life, there is one role that should never change and that is the role of an employee. Being an employee of a company, it is your basic right to work in a safe and fulfilling environment so that you can give your best to the company and make your professional dreams come true. And if you feel that you have faced issues like unequal wages, discrimination, no overtime pays, exploitation, then know that it is time that you call up a labor attorney for advice. You will find tons of attorneys but all you need to do is search for Labor Attorneys Los Angeles and you will be able to find your perfect match.
To understand who the labor attorneys are, then, in a nutshell, there are two types of it. One who is on the side of the employees who defends the employees if anything wrong is happening at the workplace. And the other type is the one who is on the side of the employers.
So now if you are in a dilemma that how a labor attorney can help you, then here are a few things that you need to know.
Labor attorney can file a wrongful termination suit
Many times, being an employee, you forget that certain workplace rights are there to protect you. All these rights fall under the provisions of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Equal Pay Act, Americans with Disabilities Act to name a few. And if you know that your termination was based on any of these reasons, only a labor attorney can help you file a wrongful termination lawsuit against your employer.
Unfair treatment at the workplace
If you believe that your employer treated you unfairly by giving a promotion to someone else, which was initially yours, or if you feel that the employer is favoring other employees even if he or she is doing the work incorrectly, then a labor attorney can help you to build the case and collect all the necessary evidence related to it. Such incidents are difficult to prove and that is why you need a labor attorney.
Claims of discrimination and sexual harassment
Harassment based on sex, caste, religion, nationality, gender is a serious offense. And if you feel that you have suffered any kind of discrimination, be it verbal or physical, then know that in this situation, no one other than a labor attorney can to your rescue. The labor attorney knows the law related to your case and will be able to find proof that would help you win the case. Also, a labor attorney can tell you what you should say to the human resources department and will document all the issues that are coming your way.
Workers compensation claims
These are regular issues that the employees face at their workplace regarding the workers’ compensation claims. If you get hurt or get sick at your job and the employer refuses to pay the expenses, then the labor attorney will be able to help you in filing a claim so that you can get paid for a longer period. These claims include the money for the lost wages, doctor’s visits to name a few.
When you should hire a labor attorney?
• If you have been fired or terminated from your job and if you feel that the termination was illegal.
• The employer breached the federal or state laws which are there to protect the right of the employees.
• If you have been discriminated against or harassed or retaliated against by the employer.
• If you were forced to sign any kind of agreement that wavers all your rights as an employee.
• If you feel that your employer has not provided you with any employee benefits that you should get under your signed employment agreement.
If any of the above circumstances occur at your job with you, firstly, try to think rationally and do not take any drastic step. Pull yourself together and contact a labor attorney right away. In any of these situations, only a labor attorney will be able to help you and give you the best legal advice, and can decide a course of action for your case.
- Four Basic Causes That You Need to Hire Employment Attorney Being an employee, you must know your basic rights and if those rights are violated...
- How to Select a Labor Lawyer If you have been harassed or terminated at your job and have no idea what...
- How Assistance of an Employment Lawyer is Valuable at Your Work Place? Employment law professionals, such as a Glendale employment lawyer, provide valuable advice and insight into...
- A Guide to Candidate Testing and Verification The hiring market has become so competitive that your team is likely to speed up...